Friday 24 November 2017

Muffin Pizzas



Muffin pizzas

This is one of those really simple recipes that you might see and think 'what's the point', it's obvious, BUT, I haven't seen one like this before so I thought I'd share anyway. I was craving pizza the other day but unlike the frozen ones I always keeper stashed in my freezer for times like that when pizza is the only answer, I also had fresh English muffins that needed to be used up before I go away for the weekend. I compromised and made this muffin 'pizza' instead. It worked out well and tasted great, a nice alternative to my usual go-to with muffins of topping with poached or scrambled eggs. 

Here's all that you need: 
1 English muffin (I used one with cheese in it for extra cheesiness!) 
2tbsp of grated cheese
Tomato purée 
Black pepper 

To serve: 
Handful of rocket
1tsp French dressing or balsamic vinegar 

Method: 
Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees (fan oven)
Slice muffin in half and toast 
Spread muffin halves with a layer of tomato purée 
Top with cheese
Pop in oven till cheese has melted (about 5mins) 
Remove from oven and grind black pepper over the top to finish 

Serve with a dressed rocket salad. 

In the mood for something sweet? 

Make this with a plain muffin and top with Nutella, or almond butter, and sliced banana. Just toast, no need for the often after. Serve with a dollop of Crème fraîche. 
Mmm, makes me hungry just thinking about it! 

For more meal ideas and cooking inspiration, check out my visual food diary on Instagram: @HCRinstacam 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

Helen Redman